Popular Post

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pandora

From Tom Taylor's Radio-Info.com column this morning...

"Forbes looks at Pandora’s more than 80 million registered users and its prospects in mobile advertising, online advertising and subscriptions – and decides the valuation could be as high as $984 million. And that’s for a company that expects to have operating losses through fiscal 2012 and almost went bellyup three years ago, before the licensing fee problem was resolved."

I understand the upside of Pandora, and if I were radio--I would fear it, but when I hear these price tags being put on internet properties it really reminds me of the 1990s tech bubble. I'm no Wall Street analyst, but I have lived a few years. Am I the only one that is getting that queasy feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment